Peanut butter lovers unite! Learn how to make peanut butter cookies for a wonder Christmas or holiday snack.
In the similar fashion that oatmeal and chocolate chip cookies are traditional favorites, peanut butter most certainly ranks in the same class of popularity. When it comes to any sort of dessert or candy, chocolate and/or peanut butter are near the top of the charts in respect to personal preference and traditional dessert recipes.
With the Christmas and holiday season fast approaching, everyone is looking for a fun, delicious, and time efficient dessert recipe for the ideal holiday occasion. If peanut butter is the choice for a wonderful dessert recipe, then peanut butter cookies could be the perfect holiday snack this season.
Peanut butter cookies are easy to make, take very little preparation, and very little cooking time. Perfect for parties or simple family treats, peanut butter cookies are not only quick and easy, but can serve every mouth in the crowd!
With the ability to serve up to 40 people, the recipe for peanut butter cookies will not only be a time saver, but also a crowd pleaser. For the individual who is looking for the prefect dessert snack for an office Christmas party, a neighborhood holiday function, or just simply wants a fun snack for the entire family, peanut butter cookies will certainly meet the task this holiday season.
PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES
Serves: 36-40 people
- ¾ cup of peanut butter (preferably creamy)
- ½ cup of shortening
- 1 ¼ cup of packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 ¾ cup of plain flour
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- ¾ teaspoon of baking soda
- Preheat oven to a temperature of 375 degrees.
- Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk and vanilla in a large mixing bowl.
- Beat ingredients until well mixed and thoroughly blended.
- Add the necessary single egg, and once again beat until blended.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda to the now creamy mixture. Once again beat until thoroughly blended.
- Drop mixture, by teaspoonfuls, two inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten with the top of a fork in order to make an interlacing or crisscross pattern across the surface.
- Place cookies in the oven (which has been preheated to 375 degrees) and promptly bake for seven or eight minutes.
- Carefully monitor the baking process to make sure the cookies do not burn.
- Once cookies have baked for the allotted time period and are fully cooked, remove cookies from the oven and allow for a two minute cooling period.
- Serve cookies once properly cooled.